collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Dot Guests: 152 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 13022
  • stats Total Posts: 131087
  • stats Total Topics: 18334
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Mining Claims
Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Cobalt Ontario  (Read 7732 times)

Offline sunshine

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Ontario, but also prospect in BC
  • Kudos: 39
Re: Cobalt Ontario
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2012, 03:47:43 PM »
The other thing I wanted to try by Cobalt is to get into the water and look at the tailings that were dumped into the lake.  There was so much silver taken from there that many of the mines only kept the really good stuff that was almost pure silver and dumped the rest.  Some of the mines were right on the shore of the lake, so there must be good stuff below.
See my YouTube channel for fun amateur video:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnz8kX6AZOeZbRt0F9XqVJA

Offline Former Guest

• New user
  • Kudos: 24
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2012, 04:23:20 PM »
Yes i also have few pieces of silver ore be some lead there also, i will take pics of them and post in my pics tomorrow i crushed mine some of it to -20 mesh and run over my seperator and recovered the silver and washed the junk rock away. Leaving me with pure gelana left. Now just needs smelting now. I could crush some more and video it and post anyone like this? Shooting some over xmas so could add this to my list of to do cheers Ray

Offline sunshine

• PPT Invited
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2012, 06:37:57 PM »
I never tried crushing any of my rocks for placer-like recovery.  I whacked lots of them with a sledge or rock pick, just to see what was inside.  If you try it Ray, I would be interested in hearing how long they stay looking like silver or do they oxidize (black) quickly.  It sounds like a fun thing to do, but too much work as a way to separate the silver to sell.

Offline Former Guest

• New user
  • Kudos: 24
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2012, 06:54:45 PM »
I have done some already few years ago sitting in vials now with caps on so no new air and full. Galena is soft so smashes easy. Not much work to it. It got rid of the wast rock attached to it, and leaves pure gelena behind, i have few lbs crushed but if going to video would crush another piece for this.I also have some gold, copper ore to crush and video that recovery. Its the same process just differend ore being processed. I have vials of both as done few times just not on video. So will shoot and post over xmas time. Also got home made magnut and screen pail also to shoot and post so will be busy after this contest with that. Glad it is winding down i am tired of posting like crazy now lol but its gold we are after so got to work for it lol cheers Ray

Offline campx

• Province/State: Ashcroft
  • Kudos: 0
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2013, 01:15:15 PM »
This is the coolest thing I have learned about at Cobalt.  A guy I work with used to mine there.....
http://www.cobaltmininglegacy.ca/power.php

Offline sunshine

• PPT Invited
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2013, 06:44:03 AM »
The compressed air engineering, from a plant on the Montreal River was pretty cool.  In that site, there is a map that shows the route of the pipe to the various larger mines.  It is a pretty good way to start for someone that wants to explore the area and look at tailings.