collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Dot Guests: 223 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12990
  • stats Total Posts: 130581
  • stats Total Topics: 18275
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: metal detector for foster child,need working and inexpensive  (Read 3341 times)

Offline Tom60

• Kudos: 0
metal detector for foster child,need working and inexpensive
« on: December 14, 2012, 08:15:27 AM »
I am looking for a metal detector for a foster child in Washington State.. any good extras? (inexpensive but working)

Offline sunshine

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Ontario, but also prospect in BC
  • Kudos: 39
Re: metal detector for foster child,need working and inexpensive
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 11:39:33 AM »
You are probably better off posting the request on an American forum.  The cost of shipping an inexpensive detector to the US (plus customs) is probably something to avoid.  Also, new detectors in the US cost less than the same units in Canada.  Another option is Ebay.

If you buy one for a child, I don't recommend the really cheap detectors.  Look for one that is not heavy and has a small coil.  Make sure it has discrimination and is easy to tune (or better yet has turn on and go capablitiy).  The pole needs to be adjustable to the size of the child.  The really cheap detectors are just frustrating.  Small coil so they don't have to pin point.  Because kids are short, the length of the dector also needs to be short.  Discrimination and simple tuning are key for a child (and some adults),  so they can avoid some trash and still hear the good objects like coins. 

Good luck with your search.
See my YouTube channel for fun amateur video:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnz8kX6AZOeZbRt0F9XqVJA

Offline undersc0re

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: kamloops
  • Kudos: 2
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2012, 03:03:10 PM »
Depending how old the child is....toysrus has a childs metal/treasure detector...lol, I have no idea how well it works but I think it was around 15 bux, and short and light enough for a child!

Offline Tom60

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2012, 03:24:06 PM »
A lot of us love this forum better than anything in the states.  To me it seems more honest and less commercial.  That is why I use it.  That is why I also feel someone in the states will see this and have an extra detector they are willing or wanting to part with for a good reason.  Thanks though.  I did look int shipping from Canada and it is horrible. 

Offline ebuyc

• Weekend Prospector
  • PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Spokane Valley, WA ; USA
  • Kudos: 54
  • 12 yrs of union-demolition, show me the bedrock!
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2012, 05:53:08 AM »
A lot of us love this forum better than anything in the states.  To me it seems more honest and less commercial.  That is why I use it.  That is why I also feel someone in the states will see this and have an extra detector they are willing or wanting to part with for a good reason.  Thanks though.  I did look int shipping from Canada and it is horrible. 

Yeah my favorite forum too ;)

Did someone say       

Offline Former Guest

• New user
  • Kudos: 24
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2012, 05:15:43 PM »
If you pm me off of here i would love to send 20 canadian your way for the child hopeing someone else will chip in  to help her cheers Ray Got to send there any way so whats 20 bucks for a big smile

Gear Pan
Gold Rat