GOLD PROSPECTING FORUM
Last Shout - Posted by: mcbain - Friday, 24 October 2014 04:04
Hi. B. J. rirght behind you on this one.I remember the Prime Minister that brought all these guys to canada.free citizen ship free couple years on welfare free every thing all you have to do is reac havoc a few years down the road. Well the havoc and war is here.And canada is not ready too fight the wars of crazy religous fanatics that put human life below dog poo.And the silly folks in power still want to take our rights to defend ourselfs.Wee are in for a nightmare that is not going away soon.Luck all Mcbain.
Welcome To The Canadian Gold Prospecting Forum.
Please consider registering to gain full access! - Its free and only takes a few seconds to complete - Click Here.

Gold Prospecting Forums, Gold Prospecting Forum

October 25, 2014, 07:36:01 AM *
A A A A
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Mining Equipment
News: ★★ Join now to access the new downloads section comprising of 52
(and growing) diy prospecting equipment plans, and educational materials. Just click register, make two posts and enjoy. It's that simple!!★★

Home   Blog Search Register  

GOLD PROSPECTING FORUM

Gold Prospecting Forum.

Gold prospectors forum

DIY mining equipment homemade prospecting tools.

Gold Prospecting Forums

GOLD PROSPECTING FORUM mining forum, canadian prospecting forum, american gold prospecting forum. GOLD PROSPECTING EQUIPMENT

GOLD PROSPECTORS NETWORK

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: The Great "Burns Lake" Gold Rush?  (Read 1309 times)
Vfib
Trade Count: (0)

Canada Canada

Province/ State: Bc

0.00 Nuggets

Kudos: 0

My 30 day Activity
0%

Awards
« on: December 03, 2012, 09:21:48 PM »

Done a lot of reading on the early days of prospecting... Can't ever recall reading about the great Burns Lake Gold Rush.

I'm in the process of relocating from the east kootenays to the burns lake area.
For the last couple of years I've swung and shook my gp 4500 and pan everywhere I go. As I'm preparing to leave the wildhorse saying goodbye to the Dewdney trail I have to wonder what's in store. Heading to a community in the province that I've only ever briefly stop at to refill my coffee cup and buy some more beef jerky.

Are people actively prospecting in the "lakes district" or should I just buy a fishing rod?
Can my detector be reconfigure to find worms.... Grin
I know "gold is where you find it" however some areas are much more productive that others...

Being that I have never been there can everyone share any information about the area? Or local contacts?

Vfib

nite hawk

Canada Canada

Province/ State: B.C.

0.00 Nuggets

Kudos: 8

My 30 day Activity
0%

Awards
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 01:03:13 AM »

Lived in that area for a while, never ever heard of anyone ever prospecting or finding gold there. Doesn't hurt to look though......
Troy#

Canada Canada

Province/ State: BC

0.00 Nuggets

Kudos: 3

My 30 day Activity
0%

Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 11:34:44 AM »

Burns Lake area is best known for Opals.  Yahoo!! BC North Magazine  Good

Goldcrow

Canada Canada

0.00 Nuggets

Kudos: 3

My 30 day Activity
24%

Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, 01:18:34 PM »

Look on MTO..from memory there are a few placer claims around there - maybe west...north for sure in the Germanson/Manson area. Nothing huge that I've heard of. Lots of good fishing - big country.

Work smart..and hard
nite hawk

Canada Canada

0.00 Nuggets

Kudos: 8

My 30 day Activity
0%

Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2012, 11:10:20 PM »

If you like fossil hunting there used to be a good area out in the Francois lake area. Used to stop and pick up a few when we had the time..
I have heard something about opals, but never knew the location though.
Nite Hawk

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  

Mining Advertising

Sandvik

Unique Hits: 33132827 Total Page Views: 48327627