collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Hardpan82

Dot Guests: 188 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 1

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 13050
  • stats Total Posts: 131619
  • stats Total Topics: 18398
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Mining Claims
Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Geochemical Analysis  (Read 8138 times)

Offline idahogrizzly

• The Griz
  • Province/State: Vancouver, Wa
  • Kudos: 0
Re: Geochemical Analysis
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2013, 06:56:57 PM »
Thank you very much for the insight. My plan as described was to take the sample from each site independently thoroughly mix the soils from that test hole, screen to 50 mesh as required, take 10 grams mix with distilled water as required and test with the Geometer. Another portion of the sample I would do the extensive geochemical testing if it were to prove some type of anomoly and the rest of the materials of each test hole through a small pulverizer and a small processor to see if it contained any values. Each test hole would be staked, labeled and gps coordinates taken for further testing or sampling. These claims contain lead, zinc, silver sulphides, gold sulphide and free gold in small quantities, and in a couple of areas traces of copper. There are numerous calcite and quartz veins visible on the surface and in some of the previous shafts and tunnel. Most contained in basalt, schist, and some of the rhyolite. As I said I'm new at the hard rock stuff and gleaning all the info I can to try to do this right without making to many blunders and not break the bank to boot.  <_miner_> ^#!

Offline XT18000

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 24
  • Better prospecting through chemistry
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2013, 05:43:25 AM »

I sent you a PM

xt

Offline SDHillbilly

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: black hills South Dakota
  • Kudos: 9
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2013, 08:26:36 PM »
OH MY!!!!!!!!!! now i know wy <~ShOcK~> my sister pastured 30 horses on the east side about 120 acres. Nothing made any sense. I gave up and went back to known vein. Man, it definitely pays to explore this site [-1st-]
just keep digging