collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Dot Guests: 215 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 1

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 13016
  • stats Total Posts: 131029
  • stats Total Topics: 18328
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Mining Claims
Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Thermal City High banking  (Read 7929 times)

Offline astrobouncer

• Province/State: Greenville South Carolina
  • Kudos: 13
  • If your back aint sore, you didnt move enough dirt
Thermal City High banking
« on: March 26, 2012, 01:01:43 AM »
I went to a pay to play gold mine that's about an hour and a half north of me with a couple buddies. I wanted to test my drop riffle highbanker while they just wanted to get gold. My buddy used my older highbanker with vortex matting and raised expanded metal. We each got a load of dirt from the bulldozer which is 1 cubic yard of unscreened material from the old river bed. These pics are after we had already ran the material and you can see my 2 tailings piles from when I moved the highbanker. I couldn't get pics earlier cause it rained nonstop while we were working.  My other buddy Dr Phil rented one of their highbankers and ran a load of dirt as well. He got done early and had time to sluice. He got some nice gold and chunky too.

My take for the day wasnt as good as I had hoped, but at least the high banker worked good. most of the gold never made it out of the vortex matting.  

Dr Phil's take, in a 14 inch pan:

My other buddy Georgi looked like he had a lot of fines in his cleanup but I didnt get pics cause it was still kind of raining. We had a great time and met some great people as always. I saw a couple things which could use changing on my highbanker but overall it seemed to work fine. I test tailings several times by running it into that black trough and then panning it out, never found any gold in it.

Here's a video of my self made highbanker before I put the legs on it:
        Drop Riffle Highbanker Progress
      - YouTube

Offline ebuyc

• Weekend Prospector
  • PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Spokane Valley, WA ; USA
  • Kudos: 54
  • 12 yrs of union-demolition, show me the bedrock!
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Thermal City High banking
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 06:15:22 AM »
Cool outing!!  {cool^sign}

How much did this place cost to prospect with your own gear? How much was Phils highbanker rental?

Thanks for sharing!

Did someone say       

Offline astrobouncer

• Province/State: Greenville South Carolina
  • Kudos: 13
  • If your back aint sore, you didnt move enough dirt
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 06:28:38 AM »
They charge 50$ for a load of material from the bulldozer (one cubic yard). Sometimes you find 5$ in gold in it, sometimes a quarter of an ounce or more. Just depends. Costs 60$ to rent a highbanker from them, and they also give you one bulldozer scoop of material to run through it. 

Offline ebuyc

• Weekend Prospector
  • PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Spokane Valley, WA ; USA
  • Kudos: 54
  • 12 yrs of union-demolition, show me the bedrock!
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 07:20:37 AM »
They charge 50$ for a load of material from the bulldozer (one cubic yard). Sometimes you find 5$ in gold in it, sometimes a quarter of an ounce or more. Just depends. Costs 60$ to rent a highbanker from them, and they also give you one bulldozer scoop of material to run through it.    

Thanks Astro - those prices seem real reasonable to me. I hope they have a volume discount though - JK haha  <-laugh->

I have heard Thermal City area has bigger gold - nuggets even!
So good luck finding the chunky stuff!!  [<-panning->]

EDIT: Hey I just noticed you are running your pump feed in a five gallon bucket. I have been using buckets also - but I found floating debris (leaves mostly) will get sucked into the bucket and slowly choke off my foot valve. Solution: I use my office #8 wire mesh waste basket instead now. I keep the top rim above the water line and no more issues!!! Works so well it surprised me! The bottom and 1" up the side of the trash can is solid so you are not sucking minus 1/8" gravel through the pump either.
My 2 bits...

Did someone say       

Offline Former Guest

• New user
  • Kudos: 24
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 09:21:15 PM »
again good show nice gold had there and good time also never know Ray