collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

meens

Dot Guests: 156 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12554
  • stats Total Posts: 124643
  • stats Total Topics: 17239
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Author Topic: Tryed Somthing with amazing results..  (Read 14565 times)

Offline SnowSpider

• Loving the life
  • PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Thorsby Alberta
  • Kudos: 7
  • Just me
Tryed Somthing with amazing results..
« on: May 04, 2007, 09:43:44 AM »
Hiyas  Guys  well  the Highbanker is well into costruction and the Spiral Gold wheel is looking more like it will be atually working this weekend if I ever get into Princess auto LOL   But back to somthing I discovered. Last summer I did a bunch of Classification of a nice gravel Bar down in Devon about a 10 mesh and brought 4x 20 liter pails home to keep me and my Sluice table busy over the winter... Just for somthing to do  I brought a pail to work with me (A Oilfield Boiler repair shop) and we have a concrete industrial Vibrator to rattle the tubes   well  I put the vibrator and water in with the cons and shook the sh*t out of it for a few min and never thought of it till recently when I was getting down to the bottom of the pail.   Well  the wife and I almost had a hemorrage when the first riff started to light up like a christmas tree with  actuall  flakes big enough to pick up with fingers (after all winter  using a snuffer to get the gold out) *Insert mental pic of me and the wife dooing the happy dance in our basement on a work night*  Well  I got an idea  I cut the bottom out of a old pail and a Big plastic farm funnel and siliconed the two together and on the end of the funnel I put a 4 inch chunck of PVC tubing as a cap  made a offset wheel for a electric motor I got and attached it to a board and cut a hole thru the board to let the pail fit half way thru  and turned it on... WELLLL  after the both of us chaseing it around the basement for a while we jumped on it and filled it up about half way with water and cons Turned it on after securing it to the floor and went for a tea... To make a long story short I pulled off the PVC cap off the funnel and  lo and behold  Dere be Gold in them thar hills as well in the Cap  LOL  Im trying to think of a way to actually use this with some effect and scale it down I think should see the bruises we both got trying to pull the wires on the first try LOL

Would love any input or Ideas on this as it was fun as hell  making it and trying it out the first time  (The Kid almost peed her pants laughing and Mom and Dad trying to catch the jumping pail in the basement and now the whole school looks at us funny)

Snowspider & Wife

Cold Wet and Tired aint Prospecting Fun??

Offline Golddigger

• Province/State: BC
  • Kudos: 8
Re: Tryed Somthing with amazing results..
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 10:29:09 PM »
Trying to understand...Do you mean something like this?

Then vibrating via offset electric motor, settling the heavier gold to the Cap?

Sound's like that had to have been all sorts of fun.

GD

Offline SnowSpider

• Loving the life
  • PPT Invited
  • Just me
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2007, 12:46:05 PM »
LOL  yuppers  thats it exactly just pic that unit sitting in a hole in a board up to the ribs on the top of the pail and a offset cam  made of steel on a Baldor 220 industrial motor turning at 3450 rpm..  LOL  quite the rig  but as you see  Scaling down would be a prudent idea...LOL

Snowspider..

Offline bcdigger

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Vancouver BC
  • Kudos: 8
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2007, 09:51:02 PM »
LOL

Great idea SnowSpider! I also love to design and build my own gear. Cheap and relaibale that's what it ought to be!
Thanks for sharing this one with us!  {cool^sign}
You'll always wonder unless you dig it

Offline shiver

• Administrator
  • Province/State: Canada
  • Kudos: 24
    • CGPF
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2007, 10:44:40 AM »
Good idea SnowSpider, I think I'll try and build this one myself. I'll keep you informed on the results, or any of my own idea's I happen to come up with.

Thanks,
Shiver

Offline Seeker

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: BC Canada
  • Kudos: 9
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2007, 10:10:33 AM »
Nice build SnowSpider!!! {cool^sign}

Offline SnowSpider

• Loving the life
  • PPT Invited
  • Just me
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2007, 07:00:59 PM »
LOL  Finally figgured out how to post pics  LOL  well heres the gold I got with this contraption out of a 5 gal pail of classified Mat from just under the Devon Bridge  Not bad for a place thats only supposta have flour gold   OOPS..  Did I just let a cat outta a bag  LMAO  no problem  always love to share the wealth  ... You will notice all the flour on the left and the flakes on the right  Now I really wanna find somewhere in BC to get real gold LOL  (Ya i got the fever bad now)..... Dave

Offline Whisper

• Province/State: BC
  • Kudos: 0
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2007, 05:01:56 AM »
Hey Megan....haven't heard from you for a while. Your flapper stopper ideas look good. The cheapy would do the job just fine! Bye the way...How did you get from platinum to sewer connections?  ???

Offline SnowSpider

• Loving the life
  • PPT Invited
  • Just me
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2007, 07:53:24 PM »
LOL   sits back and waits for this reply LMAO....

Offline SnowSpider

• Loving the life
  • PPT Invited
  • Just me
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2007, 09:54:45 PM »
LMAO   well  good one  Yellow  and very prudent seeing  its over 1000 per OZ   LOL  gives me a whole new prospective on me Port-A-Potty  LOL...  OK  Nuff fun   .. Yellow   It seems  I have been comming across lots of Black sands  and reading somewhere it may be almost as valuable as the Mineral Im looking for  I have been saving all the black sand I have come across ... Now  I downloaded a PDF file on Assaying said black sand and have  a not bad background in Chemistry also  ..So if the material I collected  is holding  Ummm  how does one refine it ?  LOL  gold sticks out like a sore thumb ...

Dave