collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

SDHillbilly

Dot Guests: 165 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12501
  • stats Total Posts: 124043
  • stats Total Topics: 17146
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Author Topic: Lets Talk Copper!Any Takers?  (Read 273086 times)

Offline tinman_II

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 16
Re: Lets Talk Copper!Any Takers?
« Reply #680 on: August 12, 2017, 12:32:36 PM »
Definitely some float on top of that water and yes it does look promising.

The float would be particulate, a night time picture with camera flash would be interesting as I can see already some particle near the copper acting as a mirror. In  fact I can see that the reflection from that particle is mirrored onto the wet copper.

Also the float material has hues of purple.

Online SDHillbilly

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: black hills South Dakota
  • Kudos: 9
« Reply #681 on: August 13, 2017, 09:28:08 PM »
 <-wave-> Changed the pipe to plate. Added two drops sulfuric (I don't have any Hydrochloric).  Now the wait.  Here'some pics of improvements. Left it enough inside audit to protect it from rain.  The orange mud that settles out averages .16 oz. au  per ton.  If I ever get the portal stable I can clean out the tunnel.  Its just a little over 1800 ft. long with around 4 feet of mud that has precipitated out of the water after my grandpa blasted the entrance shut in 1973.  Thanks.
just keep digging

Offline tinman_II

• PPT Invited
« Reply #682 on: August 14, 2017, 09:30:50 AM »
SD now that your water has become an electrolytic any changes to the copper should happen within the next 24 hours, hopefully we'll see some change of color onto the copper surface.

Regardless of any changes do post a picture so that I'm able to put my theory and that of which I've been told to rest.

The water with the addition of sulphuric acid and copper will give you a weak solution of copper sulphate, when your done just add some scrap iron then any copper will collect onto the iron changing the copper back into elemental copper.

Offline tinman_II

• PPT Invited
« Reply #683 on: August 14, 2017, 12:23:26 PM »
With that copper plate having so much surface area any precious metals that may have migrated onto the oopper are going to be spread out, very thin film. When you pull the plate do it slowly keeping an eye on the fluid heading back into the pail.

Also just after the plate has been pulled, fold a paper white paper towel until it's made into a small one inch square, use this to wipe the surface of he copper down. The idea is to collect and concentrate the residue from the copper plate into one small area where they become visible to the human eye.

The pail with the large copper plate is this the same water you had used with the pipe or a fresh batch.

Online SDHillbilly

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: black hills South Dakota
  • Kudos: 9
« Reply #684 on: August 14, 2017, 08:57:10 PM »
 <-wave-> Yes, same water. <-d'oh-> I have smaller copper I could use.  I'll set up a new batch tomorrow with fresh water and less surface area. What would be the best ph level?
just keep digging

Offline tinman_II

• PPT Invited
« Reply #685 on: August 14, 2017, 09:09:43 PM »
<-wave-> Yes, same water. <-d'oh-> I have smaller copper I could use.  I'll set up a new batch tomorrow with fresh water and less surface area. What would be the best ph level?

Your good with the large plate ,just do the clean paper towel wipe to get a good concentration of any metals that may have collected onto the surface.

If you've ever polished clean looking silverware the white cloth always turns black from the accumulated silver oxides being removed from the silver.

I want to see some recovered blacks from your copper plate on that white paper towel.

Start with fresh water add half an ounce of acid.