collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

pascalfortierJohnnydangerDhodgins

Dot Guests: 184 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12963
  • stats Total Posts: 129993
  • stats Total Topics: 18182
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Lets Talk Copper!Any Takers?  (Read 419851 times)

Offline mentalcoincoin

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: B.C.
  • Kudos: 19
  • Tip Of The $pear
Lets Talk Copper!Any Takers?
« on: July 13, 2012, 08:51:48 AM »
Copper in the $3.40/lb is now making it more economical to mine then ever before.Some porphyry copper systems are only needing an average of 0.20 to make a mine,the tonnage is key. One percent copper is worth $75/tonne.A rock the size of a washing machine can be 2.2tonne. Many areas with copper will have the other big names as well.Gold/$ilver/Zinc  as well as rear earths.These can make a super by product even at low hits making the area more viable.I 'am currently proving up what I consider a copper/gold claim 1200ha.I know the odds of bringing it to market are in the millions to one.But what I do know is if you have decent access,decent roads,decent grades & a decent average across the board,you have a chance of generating interest if you can get a good presentation together(Pic/Maps/Assays).My hope is to get deep pockets to option the property,so we can both come out winners .Again copper in the $3.00 and above territory has some eyes open,and there are some companies looking for viable areas.So far I have 20 assays across 3/4 my claim(7-800ha) and my average to date is 2.04%.I have another 5 assays pending from a newly discovered area on claim,that I'am betting will rival my best hi grd area or beat it (9.5%).Looking forward to talking to others,shearing thoughts,and knowledge-I'am learning as I go.I have some great gold hits as well,even though it hides in the bornite and chalco.My best so far 3.8gr/t=$190/t  No guts!No glory!

Offline mentalcoincoin

• PPT Invited
  • Tip Of The $pear
Re: Lets Talk Copper!Any Takers?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 09:23:34 AM »
will try to post some pics'

Offline Goldcrow

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 3
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2012, 11:32:01 AM »
Hope you are staking the 'trend' as well..those seem to be good numbers from a greenie point of view.
Work smart..and hard

Offline mentalcoincoin

• PPT Invited
  • Tip Of The $pear
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2012, 11:08:49 PM »
Insulated the trends "BIG TIME".My claim is 1200ha,My thought was asy potential company for option would not want any kind off competition on its borders.So the claim is blocked and insulated.Had a presentation put forth to someone high up in the copper industry that designs mines.He doubted Porphyry from the pics and samps,called it sedimentary/under high heat,Hydro thermal deposit that appears to hold nice looking rich ore.Told my partner this claim is well worth pursuing.This was a big positive for us,coming from someone of his background and knowledge in copper mines.As well he liked that we insulted the claim.I still have 5 assays in progress that I believe could be very high in Cu.And yesterday made another nice find,a gray host rock loaded with quartz and in the darker gray spots on the rocks appears to be either fine purple bornite or its covellite.This could mean big tonnage with a decent low grade.

Offline mentalcoincoin

• PPT Invited
  • Tip Of The $pear
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2012, 11:26:06 PM »
Wow could not believe how much I can see from these large pics using this sight,bonus!Grey Hoast Rock Ash276 Corner 004.jpg

Offline GollyMrScience

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Near Edmonton Alberta
  • Kudos: 160
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2012, 07:28:28 AM »
Yes if those are the minerals you are encountering you could have a very high grade secondary copper at or near surface with a general lower grade larger deposit associated. The surface hot stuff certainly helps get industry attention.

Good Luck!!
What the heck - lets just keep mixin' stuff together till it blows up or smells REALLY bad!

Offline mentalcoincoin

• PPT Invited
  • Tip Of The $pear
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2012, 02:06:06 PM »
Thanx GollyMrScience,I'm patiently waiting to put these samples under the microscope.Won't have access for a day or 3.
I have looked with my 20x mag and it certainly appears like what the purple bornite does after it weathers to a black color like it has on the higrd wall 500ft away that carries good amounts of visible purple/blue bornite,some that was exposed turned to dark black.I have heard the bornite can change to covellite,dont know if thats true. Above pic #13 in which there are 2 samples one is a chunk of weathered rock from the higrd wall 9.5%Cu(purp bornite) and you can see that the purple color has changed to black with a purple hugh.That other rock in the darker spots is what Im thinking it is,only very fine sulfieds(hoping).Any way after a date with the microscope I will know for sure and will post result.Thanx for you interest.

Offline buckshotbob

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 6
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2012, 12:49:06 PM »
Hey mental. The property i was looking at in south dakota just blew up after 8 months of trying to put a deal together so i,m in the market for another property. I have been chasing copper for the last year and i am getting tired of changing minds.
If you would like it looked at ,send me a PM with contact info and we will set something up. I will ask you to think ahead of time what you want/expect out of it so there is no misunderstanding when i get there.

Thanks CLIFF.

Offline mentalcoincoin

• PPT Invited
  • Tip Of The $pear
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2012, 07:49:00 PM »
was out at claim today,excavating a small road side vien .Bagging&tagging,and Gps reading were the order of the day.It shows lots of malachite staining with a fair bit of quartz.There is some visable bornite as well as some chalcopyrite.I managed to see it better with a wash of water.The occurrence is a small oneRoad Vien 001.jpg but has some potential.

Offline Goldcrow

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 3
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2012, 04:50:33 AM »
"Tip of the iceberg"?  ;D
Work smart..and hard

BC Gold